October 13, 2014
Pastor Huffman is teaching from the message:
"We Are For Signs And Wonders"
on "Faith That Overcomes" radio broadcast this week.
To get your own copy of Today's teaching on CD
WRITE: Darrell Huffman Ministries
PO Box 940
Huntington, WV 25712
REQUEST BY: Email HERE
Please consider a donation of any amount to help Pastor Huffman continue to spread the Good News of the Gospel around the World.
Thanks again for listening.......
September 26, 2014
III John 2 says, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." To live in victory and to experience success in this life we must renew our minds to the Word of God. You will never prosper beyond the level of revelation of God's Word that You personally know and do. Our success is not measured by what others know about God's Word or even about what others do. In Matthew 16 after Jesus asked the disciples what others were saying about Him, He point blank, in verse 15, asked, "But who do you say that I am?"
What we believe, say and do has a direct influence on what kind of life we will live. This is why we must cultivate the soil of our heart with the Word of God. The Bible teaches us that God's Word is seed. When we plant that seed into our hearts and minds it transforms us into Christ's image and anoints us to do His works.
I want to encourage you to study the notes I am providing and get the message to listen to. You can prosper, be successful and live in peace and well being even in difficult times as you act on God's Word.
To download your complimentary MP3 copy of this message, click "Cultivating the Soil."
Cultivating the Soil
I To Prosper We Must Learn and Apply the Laws of Prosperity
A) III John 2 - You will never prosper beyond the level of revelation you know and do.
1) II Corinthians 8:9 - It is God's Will to prosper you and bless you.
B) Genesis 1:11, 12, 27-29 - God gave man a ministry and the resources to get it done.
vv.11,12 - God formed the earth to continually produce an abundance of prosperity.
vv.27-29 - God created man, gave him a ministry and job to do. Then gave him access to all the vast resources of earth to use to get it done.
C) Genesis 8:22 - After the flood, God renews His covenant of blessing with man.
Seedtime and harvest, giving and receiving, are God's law of prosperity and provision for us.
1) Galatians 6:6-9 - Paul shows us the law of giving and receiving works in the Kingdom of God. What we sow, we will reap.
2) Philippians 4:15 - Believers entered into a partnership with Paul in giving and receiving. Every time we give, we should expect results.
D) II Corinthians 9:6-8 - Our two-fold purpose for giving.
1) v.6 - We give that blessings may come to someone. We enter into partnership with God to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2) v.8 - We give to release God's grace, favor, and blessing of abundant provision into our lives.
II After We Sow Our Seed We Must Cultivate the Ground
A) Mark 4:26-29, 14-20 - (26-29) Once you sow, you take your attention off the seed and onto the ground.
1) vv. 14-20 - Jesus gives attention to types of ground. Once you obey God, protect your seed by cultivating your ground and not letting anything keep you from receiving.
Cultivating (Webster) - To prepare land for growing crops. To loosen soil and kill weeds.
1) Hebrews 6:8 - faith and patience; Hebrews 4:14 - Hold fast your confession.
B) Luke 13:6-8 - By cultivating your ground you can even receive fruit off of old seed that you neglected. Don't cut it down, speak the Word to it!
August 20, 2014
I Peter 2:1-3 says, "1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious." As believers it is absolutely vital that we grow and develop ourselves spiritually. John 4:24 says, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." God, who is a Spirit, always works with us and leads us by contacting our spirit. So, it is to be our goal to grow and become more spiritually sensitive to God in our heart or spirit.
If we continue to stay carnal and immature in our Christian walk, we will miss out on much the Lord has for us. Fortunately for us, God has provided Biblical principles we can learn that will help us to grow and train ourselves in spiritual things.
I want to give you four Biblical keys that you can use to help you to train your spirit to be more sensitive to God. These are proven truths that will work if you will study them and put them to work in your life. It's time to grow up spiritually, so get started today
How to Train the Human Spirit
Text: I Thessalonians 5:23 - spirit, soul, and body sanctified and preserved blameless
I) God Guides Us By Our Spirit
A) Proverbs 20:27 - Candle of the Lord is man’s spirit. God enlightens us through our spirit.
B) Romans 8:14-16 - As sons of God, we are to be led by the Spirit of God.
II) How We Can Train Our Spirit to be Sensitive to God
A) Give the Word First Place
1) John 6:63—God’s Word is spirit food.
2) Psalm 119:130—God’s Word gives light and understanding to us.
3) Proverbs 4:20-22—When we put the Word first over flesh, circumstances, or problems, the Word will produce life and health in us.
B) Meditate in the Word
1) Joshua 1:8—Meditation in the Word of God will bring success and cause us to prosper.
A) Meditate—(to mutter) Speak the Word to yourself.
2) I Timothy 4:14-15—Meditate upon who you are in Christ. Meditate upon your calling and what God has told you to do. It will cause you to profit and people will see the difference.
C) Practice the Word - Be a doer of the Word
1) James 1:21, 22-25—We must receive the Word, and practice the Word.
v. 25—Only by continuing with the Word, and doing it, will we reap the blessing.
2) Hebrews 4:1-2—Mix faith with the Word.
D) Instantly Obey Your Spirit
1) Romans 9:1—“...my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost.”
2) Romans 8:14-16—The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit. Follow the witness of the Spirit and you won’t go wrong.
August 13, 2014
In John 16:12,13, The Lord Jesus said, "12 I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." The Lord let us know the importance of the Holy Spirit in our lives. We as believers do not have to go through the struggles of this life in our own power or strength. When we need help, guidance and revelation, the Holy Spirit is here to help us.
Romans 8:14 says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." For us to be successful in our Christian walk we must learn how to be led by the Spirit of God. In this week's lesson, I lay out some powerful truths that will help you to learn how to receive God's help as you live this great life of faith.
Be Led by the Spirit
Text: I Thessalonians 5:23 - Spirit, Soul and Body
1) Spirit - The part of man that deals with the spiritual realm. The part of man that knows God and is born-again.
2) Soul - The part of man that deals with the mental realm. Our mind, will and intellect. The part that reasons and thinks.
3) Body - The part of man that deals with the physical realm. The house in which we live.
I) The Holy Ghost Guides Us In Our Spirit
A) John 16:13-16 - The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and He is the one who reveals to us the things of God and God's direction for our lives.
B) Romans 8:14-16 - v. 14 - as many as are led by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is sent to be our guide.
v.16 - The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit. (This is the number one way that God guides us.)
C) Is Our Spirit a Safe Guide? Yes, if we are born-again.
1) I John 3:9 - we now have the seed of Christ in us.
2) I John 5:10-12 - we now have eternal life dwelling on the inside of us.
II) God's #1 Way of Leading Us is by the Inward Witness
A) I John 2:20 - ye have an unction from the Holy One and know all things. (God will show you what to do in every situation if you will learn to follow the unction.)
B) What is the unction?
1) The unction is a push, witness, an inward revelation that guides us as to what to do.
2) The unction can be a check, or red light telling us what not to do.
C) I John 3:19-21 - How to follow the unction of God in your spirit.