September 02, 2014
Pastor Huffman is teaching from the message:
"Bringing Forth Good Things"
on "Faith That Overcomes" radio broadcast this week.
To get your own copy of Today's teaching on CD
WRITE: Darrell Huffman Ministries
PO Box 940
Huntington, WV 25712
REQUEST BY: Email HERE
Please consider a donation of any amount to help Pastor Huffman continue to spread the Good News of the Gospel around the World.
Thanks again for listening.......
August 20, 2014
I Peter 2:1-3 says, "1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious." As believers it is absolutely vital that we grow and develop ourselves spiritually. John 4:24 says, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." God, who is a Spirit, always works with us and leads us by contacting our spirit. So, it is to be our goal to grow and become more spiritually sensitive to God in our heart or spirit.
If we continue to stay carnal and immature in our Christian walk, we will miss out on much the Lord has for us. Fortunately for us, God has provided Biblical principles we can learn that will help us to grow and train ourselves in spiritual things.
I want to give you four Biblical keys that you can use to help you to train your spirit to be more sensitive to God. These are proven truths that will work if you will study them and put them to work in your life. It's time to grow up spiritually, so get started today
How to Train the Human Spirit
Text: I Thessalonians 5:23 - spirit, soul, and body sanctified and preserved blameless
I) God Guides Us By Our Spirit
A) Proverbs 20:27 - Candle of the Lord is man’s spirit. God enlightens us through our spirit.
B) Romans 8:14-16 - As sons of God, we are to be led by the Spirit of God.
II) How We Can Train Our Spirit to be Sensitive to God
A) Give the Word First Place
1) John 6:63—God’s Word is spirit food.
2) Psalm 119:130—God’s Word gives light and understanding to us.
3) Proverbs 4:20-22—When we put the Word first over flesh, circumstances, or problems, the Word will produce life and health in us.
B) Meditate in the Word
1) Joshua 1:8—Meditation in the Word of God will bring success and cause us to prosper.
A) Meditate—(to mutter) Speak the Word to yourself.
2) I Timothy 4:14-15—Meditate upon who you are in Christ. Meditate upon your calling and what God has told you to do. It will cause you to profit and people will see the difference.
C) Practice the Word - Be a doer of the Word
1) James 1:21, 22-25—We must receive the Word, and practice the Word.
v. 25—Only by continuing with the Word, and doing it, will we reap the blessing.
2) Hebrews 4:1-2—Mix faith with the Word.
D) Instantly Obey Your Spirit
1) Romans 9:1—“...my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost.”
2) Romans 8:14-16—The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit. Follow the witness of the Spirit and you won’t go wrong.
August 13, 2014
In John 16:12,13, The Lord Jesus said, "12 I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." The Lord let us know the importance of the Holy Spirit in our lives. We as believers do not have to go through the struggles of this life in our own power or strength. When we need help, guidance and revelation, the Holy Spirit is here to help us.
Romans 8:14 says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." For us to be successful in our Christian walk we must learn how to be led by the Spirit of God. In this week's lesson, I lay out some powerful truths that will help you to learn how to receive God's help as you live this great life of faith.
Be Led by the Spirit
Text: I Thessalonians 5:23 - Spirit, Soul and Body
1) Spirit - The part of man that deals with the spiritual realm. The part of man that knows God and is born-again.
2) Soul - The part of man that deals with the mental realm. Our mind, will and intellect. The part that reasons and thinks.
3) Body - The part of man that deals with the physical realm. The house in which we live.
I) The Holy Ghost Guides Us In Our Spirit
A) John 16:13-16 - The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and He is the one who reveals to us the things of God and God's direction for our lives.
B) Romans 8:14-16 - v. 14 - as many as are led by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is sent to be our guide.
v.16 - The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit. (This is the number one way that God guides us.)
C) Is Our Spirit a Safe Guide? Yes, if we are born-again.
1) I John 3:9 - we now have the seed of Christ in us.
2) I John 5:10-12 - we now have eternal life dwelling on the inside of us.
II) God's #1 Way of Leading Us is by the Inward Witness
A) I John 2:20 - ye have an unction from the Holy One and know all things. (God will show you what to do in every situation if you will learn to follow the unction.)
B) What is the unction?
1) The unction is a push, witness, an inward revelation that guides us as to what to do.
2) The unction can be a check, or red light telling us what not to do.
C) I John 3:19-21 - How to follow the unction of God in your spirit.
August 01, 2014
In Mark 11:22,23, The Lord Jesus said, "22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." Notice the Lord begins by telling us to have faith in God. If we don't believe and trust God, then nothing else will work. Everything we believe, say, and do should come out of our deep trust and conviction in God. Faith is simply taking a stand that God will do for us exactly what He said in His Word.
The Amplified Bible says verse 22 like this "...Have faith in God constantly." Faith is to be our lifestyle and not just what we do when we have a need. Galatians 3:11 says, "...The just shall live by faith." Every day of life should be a day of faith and putting our trust in the Lord.
In Mark 11:23, the Lord Jesus gives us two principles that faith works through. These principles of faith are believing in your heart and confessing with your mouth that which you believe in your heart. So, we see that faith is released by believing and saying what God says. We must believe like God believes about the situation. Then, because we believe like God does we say what God says about it. Jesus said that when we believe right and confess right, the mountain or problem will be moved. Once we move the mountain out of the way, we can then bring forth the breakthrough and good thing that God has for us.
This week, study this outline, "Bringing Forth Good Things." I believe you will discover faith principles that will change your life.
To receive your free mp3 download of this message, click on the title, "Bringing Forth Good Things."
Bringing Forth Good Things
I) We Must Believe It and Speak It, to Have It
A) I Corinthians 3:10-12 - Christ is our foundation but we have a vital role in how we build our Christian lives.
1) Everything in the foundation flows up into the building.
2) v. 12 - We build either good or bad in our lives.
B) Matthew 12:33-37 - What we really believe and continually say creates the reality of the things we have in our lives.
v. 33 - We have a vital part in the kind of life we live.
v. 34 - Our words and confession have creative power.
v. 35 - Because of sin and Adam's fall, we can now bring forth both good and bad.
1) Proverbs 18:21 - Death and life are in the power of the tongue.
v. 34, 35 - What we put into out heart will control our confession. What controls our heart, controls our confession, and our confession controls us.
v. 37 - What you believe and say will put you over or put you under.
C) Philemon 6 - Our faith becomes powerful when we acknowledge every good thing God says about us and begin to speak it out in faith.
1) Faith never rises above your confession.
2) Manifestation comes after you agree with God and begin to confess it is yours.
D) Romans 10:8-10 - Law of faith, believe in your heart, confess it.
v. 10 - Possession of the blessing comes after the confession.
E) Hebrews 10:35-38 - Stay in faith, don't draw back. Stay confident and hold fast your confession.
1) Proverbs 4:20-22 - If your faith begins to weaken go back to the Word.
v. 22 - Keep taking your medicine until all the symptoms are gone.
2) Hebrews 4:14 - Hold fast to saying the same thing Jesus says.